WHAT ARE YOU MADE OF?
INTRODUCING OUR GLOBAL GRADUATE PROGRAMME
Some people are more ambitious than others. More innovative. More collaborative. More adaptable. More courageous. Few graduates combine all these qualities – the qualities of a leader. If you’re one of them, then an inspiring journey awaits you on BAT’s one-year Global Graduate Programme in Operations(Samsun Factory).
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
If you have what it takes, no other organisation offers a graduate experience quite like BAT’s. It’s fast-paced. Exciting. It’ll stretch you to the limit. And prepare you for a management role in just 12 months.
Our unique programme throws you into a real job from day one; develops your potential through world class training – connecting you with fellow graduates and senior colleagues from across the globe; and, ultimately, sets you up for a succesful career ahead in Operations (in Samsun Factory).
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
We don’t believe in hand-holding at BAT. It’s down to you to take the initiative when it comes to your career. 70% of your learning and development will be on the job. 20% will be through coaches, mentors and colleagues. And the final 10% will be formal training.
You will have an impactful start and a busy year ahead. You’ll have a real commercial job from day one and prove that you can deliver results at the frontline of our business.
We’re serious about putting you on the right career path, and consider our Global Graduate Programme as a stepping-stone to bigger and better things. Of course, no two careers are the same, but here’s an outline of how you could expect to progress over the next five years.
Global Graduate Programme
- We are looking for high caliber, ambitious graduates who want to be challenged to achieve their full potential.
- You choose the business function that suits your individual strengths and if you are successful in the application process we will structure your development around a clearly defined set of deliverables with the help of BAT leaders as your mentor.
- You will have a real job with real impact from day one
- You will get world-class leadership training with international exposure
- You will get chance to progress to a management role within 12 months
- Graduated from University in the last 3 years
- Leadership demonstrated through extra-curricular activities
- Globally mobile
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Good level of MS Office Applications
- Highly motivated and ambitious
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly
- Strong communication skills
- Willing to work in Samsun (for factory positions)
British American Tobacco is a leading tobacco group, with brands sold in more than 200 markets. We employ more than 50,000 people and, with over 200 brands in our portfolio.
BAT Turkey started its activities at the factory in Tire, İzmir, in 2002. BAT Turkey belongs to Eastern Europe, Middle East & Africa region (EEMEA).
In 2006, BAT Turkey started exports from Turkey and has become the export leader of the industry with its increasing export potential in following periods.
In 2008, BAT Turkey signed one of the biggest privatization contracts in the history of the Republic, and with the privatization of Tekel, strengthened its market standing through local brands besides international brands.
In 2010, BAT Turkey transformed its factory in Samsun into the company’s production base and started to produce at this factory only.
With head quarters based in Istanbul, BAT Turkey operates with regional offices in European and Anatolian Sides of İstanbul, Ankara, İzmir, Adana and Bursa, reaching 135,000 sales points and with 1 factory in Samsun, which is the 2nd biggest factory in the BAT Group in terms of capacity.
Performing sales activities through its distributors besides its own distribution network, BAT Turkey invested 2 billion dollars in Turkey and employs a total of 3,000 people directly or indirectly.
As of April 1st, 2017, BAT Turkey has been merged with BAT North Africa Area, and became Turkey & North Africa Area which consists of 8 markets ( Turkey, Norhern Cyprus, Egypt, Morocco, Algeria, Tunisia and Sudan).